Sunday, August 28, 2016
RAKSHA MANTRI’S COMMITTEE OF EXPERTS REVIEW OF SERVICE AND PENSION MATTERS INCLUDING POTENTIAL DISPUTES, MINIMIZING LITIGATION AND STRENGTHENING INSTITUTIONAL MECHANISMS RELATED TO REDRESSAL OF GRIEVANCES 2015
Dear all Veteran Brothers,
Kindly go thro this report. It is long and time consuming. You must have patience and read it leisurely.
It contains precious and invaluable information on matters of AF personnel and pensioners.
The Committee had given recommendations on many issues after discussing issues at length.
It is rather a treasure/referencer for all Armed Forces personnel, serving or retired.
So, then what are you waiting for. Plan your time and view the report.
SGT GV NARAYANA AIR VET & BLOGGER
(Source: http://mod.gov.in/writereaddata/Reportcc.pdf )
Saturday, August 27, 2016
GOI lose another legal battle against Pensioners-First SLP of Govt DISMISSED by HSC Reg pro-rata Pension & for full Pension to Pre 2006 for less than 33 years & more than 20 years service
CENTRAL ADMINISTRATIVE TRIBUNAL ERNAKULAM BENCH in their order dated 16.08.2013 in Original Application No. 715 of 2012 w i t h Original Application No. 1051 of 2012 in concluding para 7 & 8 ruled:
7. In the light of the above, the settled law is that in no case the pension of the pre-2006 pensioners shall be lower than fifty percent of the minimum of the pay in the Pay Band plus Grade Pay thereon corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale from which the pensioner had retired. It meas that pension of a pre-2006 retiree has to be first calculated taking into account the revised pay in the pay in the Pay Band plus Grade Pay corresponding to the pay scale from which he retired proportionate to the length of his service and then find what is 50% of the minimum of the Pay Band plus Grade Pay and fix higher of the two as his pension. Hence the applicants are eligible to get the minimum pension in the Pay Band plus Grade Pay of the Deputy Office Superintendent, the post from which they had retired, with effect from 01.01.2006. Accordingly, the O.As are allowed as under.
8. The respondents are directed to issue revised Pension Payment Order (PPO) to the applicants specifying the pension on the basis of Para 4.2 of the O.M. dated 01.09.2008, i.e. 50% of the minimum of the pay in the Pay Band plus Grade Pay of the Deputy Office Superintendent and also corresponding family pension and grant all consequential benefits including arrears of pension within a period of 02 months from the date of receipt of a copy of this order. No costs.
(Dated, the 16th August, 2013)
(K. GEORGE JOSEPH) (Dr. K B S RAJAN)
ADMINISTRATIVE MEMBER JUDICIAL MEMBER
The Honorable Kerala High Court at Ernakulum vide their orders 7th Jan 2o14 rejected the appeal of UOI against the CENTRAL ADMINISTRATIVE TRIBUNAL ERNAKULAM BENCH in their order dated 16.08.2013 in Original Application No. 715 of 2012 w i t h Original Application No. 1051 of 2012
(Source- Bharat Pensioners Samaj website)
Thursday, August 25, 2016
I had attended, as a silent spectator, *Justice Reddy's Meeting of ESM reps in Chennai on 23 Aug2016, held in conf Hall of Dakshin Bharat Area HQ from onward*!
Secy of AFVOA, Col Bhupinder began with a perfect intro, reminiscent of a Staff College presentation.
Col C T Arasu of TNESL, made a forceful, pt by pt presentation, in an absolutely precise manner W/O beating around the bush! It was apparent he had made perfect, research like preparations!
Thereafter Col Krishnan took the floor and covered the Pts in detail systematically.
A number of JCO/OR Veterans mostly from IAF & IN too spoke! Beauty was that each were able to encapsulate their arguments & present them in max 5 min!
*The beauty of the meeting was that in the nearly 2 hrs non stop presentation, except for 20 min tea break, by various personalities.
Justice Reddy Sat absolutely silent but with intense concentration! In between, he might have asked, may be, 4 or 5 clarifications!*
On my part, during Tea break, I managed to be alone with the Justice for a while. *When I told him that the Father of present Army Chief & Father of the L/Nk at the entrance gate were ESM and that an unhappy ESM at home and the sure knowledge that he is Un-happy ESM, will make for a highly demotivated Serving Soldiery, Justice Reddy ack gravely!*
You will be happy to hear Justice Reddy's concluding comments.
I Quote:-*"Instead of calling you to N Delhi and making you spend, I thought it will be better served for me to come to you! I am glad I did this.
With the First Public meeting in the North, which was chaotic & a shouting match, I am happy to see that progressively the meetings were more & more orderly*and* *this Chennai Meet has been the most productive and orderly! I am satisfied I have achieved clarity on a lot of points*.
*You have made the presentation perfectly. I assure you, from my side I will do the best I can!*" ...I Un-Quote
I have stated the above Not exactly Verbatim but *the essence is UNDILUTED*!
*Lt Col KVC Nair*
(Source- Via e-mail from Lt Col KV Chandrasekharan Nair, Vet)
What is preventing the Indian army from attempting a coup like that of the Turkish army? By Balaji Viswanathan, (Indian by Birth. Indian by Thought).
The massive diversity of India and strength of the institutions.
India as a nation is too diverse for dictatorship or tyranny. If you put 10 Indians in a room there will be 20 different opinions. That is a setup that would frustrate any army. India has always been ruled through a sort of consensus of multiple communities. Democracy has not been accident, but a core element that India cannot live without.
In fact, India’s key element has always been submission without submission. Indians would look to overtly submit but never plan to give up their core traditions. The Turkic rulers and Europeans found this to their chagrin. If any army general takes over India, he would be so frustrated about dealing with all the different Indian communities. The Tamils, northeasterners, Punjabis and other cultures will demand their own representation.
Most importantly, coups often happen when the government becomes too rotten and goes against the fundamental principles of the state.
Indian leaders are not going against the Constitution and if there comes a time when an Indian P M is completely flouting the Constitution /fundamental principles of the nation, there are so many other backup mechanisms to fight before the Army gets tempted to clean up.
Finally, Indian political leaders carefully engineered the Army leadership to make it coup resistant. Here are some of the structural protections:
- Having the army mostly populated by minorities. If Indian army has mostly Sikhs, Gurkhas, Kumoans it is not an accident. It is by design. Since 1857, Indian army was engineered to recruit mostly these loyal minorities. These minorities would find it very hard to rule the majority community.
- Having the army chief recruited from a community different than most of the armed forces. For instance, until recently Indian political leadership completely prevented any Sikh person from becoming the Chief of Army staff fearing that this person might have too much influence in the Army.
- Frequently changing the Chief of Army Staff. The highest role of the Army is shifted once in 2 years. No one is allowed to settle for too long.
- Not having the role of a Chief of Defence Staff. That role is sort of managed by a civil servant than a defense person. Political leadership never wanted a single military person to have a very powerful role.
(Source- quora digest)
Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Want a job with Government of India? Narendra Modi regime is offering jobs on contract via MyGov (Watch Video). This new exercise of offering government jobs via MyGov, which is aimed at bringing the government and the citizens closer together is indeed a rather innovative approach to governmental employment.
(SOURCE- ZEENEWS/YOUTUBE/fwd via e-mail from BHARAT BHUSHAN GHAI)
Fine. Wars waged to gain control on some territory for its wealth (natural resources etc). But why our sodiers are fighting for in Kashmir?
It would be interesting to know the total expenditure involved in managing the state for the last 70 years. And how many died? Military/Police and Civilians.
But what is the gain? In terms of wealth or other strategic route for import/export. It's mountains are snowcapped and treacherous area.
The leadership should re-think and put an end to the problem once and for all.